1. Things are looking grim in Japan. I’ve donated what I can, and am now watching with the rest of the world.
2. I re-read Janet Kagen’s Mirabile yesterday. Excellent book, still, and I will review it on GoodReads this weekend.
3. I finished The Worst Hard Time, which was terrifically grim but highly informative. Coincidentally, the kids history book got up to the Great Depression yesterday. I spent about 25 minutes expounding on the Depression, the perils of credit and installment plans, the world economy, the New Deal, and poor farming practices. Erm. Yes.
4. My house is all-Pokemon, all the time. The kids are obsessed. I recall such similar obsessions from my childhood. Who am I kidding? I still get obsessed with fictional properties today!
5. My family took me out for dinner last night, where I got what I wanted instead of a birthday cake — cheesecake! Num.
6. Soon we’re off to the Y, then work for me, then home with the time change — Daylight Savings, remember? — and then church tomorrow for the kids’ choir and then work and — Mmmf. It sounds like a bit of a long week, already.