1. I did go see Amazing Spider-Man. I essentially liked it. I was, however, watching it in a very blinkered way, i.e., I was watching Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield be awesome in their parts, and I wasn’t really looking at the plot.
2. The two movies I saw in the last week both had trailers comprised exclusively of movies with themes of vigilantism.
Dark Knight Rises
End of Watch
Here Comes the Boom
3. I stated watching the Red Riding trilogy on Netflix. A few observations:
The sound quality of the streaming films is terrible.
I cannot understand a Yorkshire accent
Andrew Garfield is fantastic.
Garfield’s character has a sex scene with a character played by Michelle Dockery, which makes my head write Peter Parker / Lady Mary Crawley time-travel fic.
4. The first appearance of the new Captain Marvel was this Wednesday, in Avenging Spider-Man #9. This is the Carol-Danvers-is-Captain-Marvel Captain Marvel. The comic is a delight. I highly recommend it.
5. I have spent my days off Editing All The Things. I really like what the contributors to #nextanthology are doing with their pieces.
6. I don’t have to go back to physical therapy! The therapist and I agree that I have a plan, I know how to implement it, and I am motivated to do so. So now I spend a year working on said plan.
I’m thirty-nine years old. Nothing on my body is ever going to Just Get Better All On Its Own again.
7. I received more postcards from my kids!