1. We mailed off our passport applications yesterday. NO THANKS TO ME, who forgot half of the papers we needed even after J asked if I had everything. ANYWAY. We all got it straightened out at the end.
2. The first Spanish class was quite fun. If you are in the Twin Cities and looking for language instruction — not just Spanish, a host of things — I highly recommend giving Language Sprout a look-see. Adult, children, and family classes available.
3. I ran out of gunpowder green tea. I re-ordered, but it’s not here yet. In the meantime, I’ve been drinking mate. Which isn’t bad actually, but it’s not my green tea.
4. Yesterday was great day for me in comics. In fact, most weeks I truly love getting my new comics. There’s a ton of fantastic stuff out there featuring female characters of all sorts.
Rachel Rising, if you like crime-horror.
Saga, for epic SF
Scarlet, for gritty crime drama
Stumptown, for noir detective fiction
Hawkeye, for note-perfect character-based superhero fiction
Honestly, if you like superhero stuff, I recommend jumping on to ANY of the recent Marvel Now stuff. It’s not a reboot, it’s just a fantastic point to join the party. Almost all of the X-Men and Avengers titles are great.
5. I am enjoying A Month of Letters. I have sent something out every day, probably to the great startlement of folks who have no idea what Month of Letters is, and will be wondering why the HELL I sent them a card.