1. Wiscon 38 is May 23-36th this year, in Madison, WI.
2. Programming at Wiscon is created by the convention attendees.
3. Register for the convention. Then go to My Account. There will be a section, “Program Suggestions Submit an idea for WisCon 38 & SFRA.” This is where YOU, Wiscon Attendee, can suggest the sorts of panels YOU want to see.
4. Panels are collated and then voted on by the community. All attendees get to say which panels they 1) want to be ON, 2) want to moderate, or 3) want to ATTEND. Panels get selected based on interest. (With some exceptions for events that just get grandmothered in.)
5. I pitched a number of panels so far. There is no guarantee whatsoever that any of these will be selected, of course. But I am excited!