1. I am finally getting better, thank goodness.
2. I am about halfway through The Host, by Stephanie Meyer. I am enjoying it. It is, among other things, a story about very weird consent issues, and given what I have heard about the Twilight series — which I have never read — I wonder what it is about the cultural moment that Meyer is seeing.
3. I am one of those people who is obsessed with Downton Abbey. Also, being me, I can name the actors who play Lady Mary, Lady Edith, Lady Sybil, Lady Grantham, and Anna. And, um, I think the guy who plays Lord Grantham is, ah, Hugh? Maybe? Hugh something? I do have my biases.
Also, I am having a contrary streak and I really like Lady Edith, in addition to Lady Mary. Lady Edith is not plain! Or untalented! Or sour! (Okay, she’s a little bit sour. But I challenge you to remain perfectly pleasant when your whole family has written you off as a loss.) Laura Carmichael is really attractive!
4. I am really looking forward to going back to the Y, now that my cold is mostly gone.
5. It turns out that N has a slow-cooker, and a friend is lending us her bread machine! So I can try the use of both of these items for a bit before investing in them. I approve.